Ramadan is the 'Month of the Quran', because of Lailat-ul Qadr, on which the Quran was first revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Because of this, Muslims love to focus on the Quran during Ramadan. We pray Taraweeh, more night prayers, and spend extra time reciting and reflecting on the Quran.
But what if you can't read Arabic? What if you want to become more fluent in your recitation? And, if your recitation is fine, how about taking it to the next level, and learning to understand what Allah is saying to us?
If you’d like to:
- Recognise the Arabic alphabet
- Learn to connect Arabic letters
- Read the Quran
- Understand the words of Allah (swt)
- Translate Quranic verses
- Understand the words you say and improve your prayers
- Use all this knowledge to improve your Ramadan experience
Then this is the journey for you!
This course will span five months. You can join us at whichever stage is most relevant to you. The Alphabet class will be live, while the rest of the courses are pre-recorded lessons.
November 2nd - 6th 2020:
- Arabic Alphabet class
- You'll learn the Arabic Alphabet, the vowels, and how to connect them.
November 9th - December 3rd 2020:
- Learn to Read the Quran Level 1
- You'll continue work on the Arabic alphabet, the vowels, how to connect them, and learn to read Quran.
December 7th - 30th 2020:
- Let's Recite the Quran Level 2
- You'll focus on select short chapters from the Quran and work on your Quranic recitation.
January 4th - 22nd 2021:
- Understand Quranic Arabic Level 1
- You'll join a 2-week intensive sprint completing the 7 units of level 1.
January 25th - February 22nd 2021:
- Understand Quranic Arabic Level 2
- You'll continue with level 2, which covers more of the basic fundamentals of Arabic.
March 1st - 29th 2021:
- Understand Quranic Arabic Level 3
- You'll finish off the journey with level 3, and by the end you'll be able to understand 80% of the Quran!
April 5th 2021:
*For more information on all these courses, scroll down to the full list below.
Constant revision! We want to make sure the course material really sticks with you, so that your life is improved forever by the knowledge, insha'Allah.
No prerequisites, except a keen mind, motivation, and dedication! We're starting from the very beginning.
- A notebook and pen
- An internet connection
- A computer / phone / tablet, with a working speaker
- Every recording
- All materials used by the instructor
- A downloadable/printable calendar to keep track of progress
- Full access to the Quranic app
- Direct communication WhatsApp and Telegram channels with the instructor, and the Quranic team
- A weekly Q&A session
Share this page with your family and friends so they can join us on this journey.
Learn to Read the Quran: Level 1
Learn the Arabic Alphabet, how to connect them, as well as the Arabic vowels, with Imam Adam Jamal and his students Nia, Max and Rehan.(1) 5.0 average rating
Let's Recite the Quran: Level 2
Come read the last 15 surahs of the Quran with Imam Adam! Learn the rules of recitation and improve your reading fluency.(1) 5.0 average rating
Understand Quranic Arabic: Level 1-3
Understand Quranic Arabic is our flagship course which aims to help you understand 80% of the Quran with Imam Adam Jamal.(5) 5.0 average rating
The 'Road to Ramadan' journey will have its own WhatsApp group, where you will have direct communication with your instructor and the Quranic support team.
At every stage of this journey, you will have guidance, and be able to ask any questions, and update your fellow students on your progress. The group will work as a motivator, and encouragement, and will help you complete the journey, inshaa'Allah.
You can use the group however you like - post text or voice messages, or send in screenshots. Once a week, there will also be a Q&A with someone from the Quranic team for all students to join.